The University of North Carolina Wilmington is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC™) to award bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of UNC Wilmington.
UNCW School of Nursing
The baccalaureate and master's degree programs in nursing at the University of North Carolina Wilmington School of Nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
The School of Nursing at the University of North Carolina Wilmington is approved by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
UNCW Cameron School of Business
Accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- # 8 Nationally for Online Bachelor's Programs – U.S. News & World Report (2020)
- Ranked one of the Best Graduate Schools in the Nation (Professional MBA) – U.S. News & World Report (2020)
- Ranked a "Best Southeastern School" – The Princeton Review (2019)
- #6 for "Top Public Schools" in the South – U.S. News & World Report (2018)
- Top 25 Online EMBA program based on executive management curriculum, tuition cost, accreditation, estimated early career salary and prestige – Online MBA (2018)
- # 6 Nationally for Online Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans – U.S. News & World Report (2020)
- Among the top 10 "Best Colleges for Veterans" in the South – U.S. News & World Report (2018)
- One of four UNC System schools included in Fiske Guide to Colleges, which highlights the "best and most interesting" colleges and universities (2020)
- Among the top 20 "Best Colleges in North Carolina" – BestColleges.com
- Ranked a Top 20 "Best Colleges" in the South – U.S. News & World Report (2018)
- 70th anniversary celebrated in the 2017–18 academic year
- #4 in the "30 Best Online Bachelor's in Nursing (BSN)" programs – BestDegreePrograms.org (2017)