Learn to strategically influence public buying decisions and promote brand awareness and loyalty with the advanced knowledge, cutting-edge tools and business insights you will gain in the Master of Arts in Integrated Marketing Communication online program. In an era of information overload, savvy consumers, and user-generated content, IMC addresses the shortcomings of siloed approaches to advertising, public relations, promotions, etc., and equips graduates with a strategic framework for unifying and managing all organizational communication.
Tuition & Fees
With the growing need for on-demand consumer interaction, more and more organizations are seeking qualified candidates with expanded marketing communication skills. This online master's program is ideal for recent college graduates who want to further their knowledge and expertise before entering the workforce, mid-career professionals who aspire to move up the ladder and military members with a keen interest in IMC who are transitioning into civilian life and pursuing professional growth.
The expert faculty at UNCW—the same educators who teach on campus—have carefully designed a broad-based online curriculum that sharpens your abilities to craft strategy, conduct research, devise appropriate messaging, enhance storytelling skills and tactfully manage media platforms in both a proactive and responsive manner. Faculty take it a step beyond other strategic communication master's programs by placing emphasis on ethical decision-making and diversity and inclusion in communication.
The M.A. in Integrated Marketing Communication online program also features an optional in-person summer residency in Wilmington, North Carolina. This four-day immersive experience gives you the opportunity to participate in an IMC academic conference (for years ending with an odd number) or an applied learning, community-based project (for years ending with an even number). If you are unable to attend, you have the option of designing your own summer residency in your home state.
- Plan, write, execute and evaluate an integrated marketing communication plan and effectively present an IMC plan to a professional audience
- Use quantitative and qualitative research to make data-driven communication decisions
- Understand branding and IMC within the context of political brands and campaigns, sports and entertainment, non-profit organizations, business-to-business and business-to-consumer, and institutional efforts
- Examine the connections between an organization's culture, brand and identity as well as how these are communicated to organizational stakeholders
- Understand the relationship of IMC to diversity and inclusion, digital storytelling, advertising, public relations, and events and experiential marketing
- Learn to create and employ digital media to communicate brand identity
In your final course, you will assemble a capstone project in the form of a thesis, project or portfolio that is the culmination of your applied knowledge and increased understanding of marketing communication. You will be able to showcase this capstone as proof of your qualifications to potential employers.
As a graduate of the UNCW online IMC program, you will be prepared for evolving marketing communication roles such as: marketing manager, public relations director, social media manager, digital product manager, business strategy consultant and much more.
UNCW is proud to be a member of the National Communication Association (NCA), a not-for-profit scholarly society dedicated to promoting free and ethical communication and the widespread appreciation of the importance of communication in public and private life, since 1914.
Begin your application today, or call 855-306-4734 with questions.