Our programs are among the most affordable in the U.S., and financial aid is available for students who qualify.
Tuition and Fees
RN to BS in Nursing
North Carolina Resident Tuition and Fees: $164.81 per credit hour; $4,779.49 program*
Non-North Carolina Resident Tuition and Fees: $636.73 per credit hour; $18,465.17 program*
*Tuition and fees subject to change. Credit Hours and Tuition & Fees are for Nursing courses. Additional courses may be required. A minimum of 31 credit hours must be completed at UNCW.
MSN Nurse Educator
North Carolina Resident Tuition and Fees: $218.05 per credit hour; $8,041.44 program*
Non-North Carolina Resident Tuition and Fees: $817.02 per credit hour; $27,807.45 program*
*Tuition and fees subject to change. Credit Hours and Tuition & Fees are for Nursing courses. Additional courses may be required.
Navigating the world of financial aid can be overwhelming. We're here to help you understand how the various programs blend together to create a financial aid package just for you.
Applying for Financial Aid
Many types of financial aid are available to students who qualify.
Step 1: Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to qualify for Federal Student Aid, including PLUS and unsubsidized student loans.
- Filing the FAFSA online is fastest, at www.fafsa.gov.
- Complete the FAFSA as early as possible, or after taxes are completed for the previous year.
- Students do not have to wait to be admitted to file the FAFSA.
- Include UNCW's federal school code, 002984, so we have permission to access FAFSA information.
- Complete new FAFSA each year.
- March 1 is the priority deadline for filing the FAFSA. FAFSAs continue to be processed after this date and throughout the academic year; but students are encouraged to file early for the best chance to receive limited funding.
Step 2: Apply for a Federal Personal Identification Number (PIN) to sign the FAFSA.
- For dependent students, both parent and student must sign the FAFSA.
- Request a separate PIN for student and parent.
For full details on the types of financial aid available and the financial aid process, visit our financial aid website.
If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.