UNCW Online Media Assets
"I was caring for my infant granddaughter [while] finishing my degree."Gail Heider felt apprehensive about online education at first, but quickly appreciated the flexibility it gave her.
"We've kept pace [by] making changes, and we continue to make changes."The RN to BSN program is the university’s longest-standing online degree program.
"My ideas of my career have grown. I definitely feel empowered now."The RN to BSN program expanded Jeffrey's career options and his understanding of his current role.
"Nurses can play a key role in the health promotion of Americans."UNCW has positioned its RN to BSN program to meet the goal of an 80% BS-prepared nursing workforce.
"[UNCW online] allows me to be there when my kids need me."The convenience of online study allowed Jeffrey to continue to be an active parent without sacrificing his studies.
"You can actually do it from the comfort of your home."UNCW graduate Lolita Bryant talks about how convenient the online RN to BSN experience is.
"[Graduates] leave with the skills and competencies...to assume leadership roles."UNCW RN to BSN graduates learn how to optimize patient outcomes in all nursing settings.
"Rarely do I have to say, 'I can’t do that right now.'"UNCW’s RN to BSN program gave Jeffrey knowledge he could immediately apply in his daily nursing practice.
In 2012, job growth in the healthcare sector accounts for 1 out of every 5 new jobs created.
100 percent of full-time tenured and tenured track faculty hold the doctorate
Academic nurse leaders across all schools of nursing should work together to increase the proportion of nurses with a baccalaureate degree from 50 to 80 percent by 2020.
Take the Sample Course
Follow the steps below to complete the UNCW sample course:
- Click here to get started.
- On the login page, click on "Preview as Guest."
- Under "My Courses," click on the "UNCW Sample Online Course" link.
- The UNC Wilmington School of Nursing has been educating exceptional nurses since the early 1960s.
- For the fourth consecutive year, UNCW has been named one of the nation's "Best Value" Public Colleges and Universities by The Princeton Review.
- For the ninth consecutive year, The Princeton Review has also selected UNC Wilmington as one of the "Best in the Southeast" in "2013 Best Colleges: Region by Region."
- Online students can complete the BSN degree in as little as 10 months.
- The online RN to BSN program is part of UNC's mission to help make North Carolina one of the nation's top ten most-educated states by increasing the number of bachelor degrees conferred each year to 32 percent by 2018 and 37 percent by 2025.
- The cost of the UNCW RN to BSN program is less than $7,000.
- The University of North Carolina Wilmington is recognized as one of the five best public master's universities in the South, according to the 2013 U.S. News & World Report rankings for regional universities.
Click here to download a PDF version of the media assets above.Download Now